Founded in 1932, the South Bend Symphony Orchestra performs approximately 20 concerts annually, for more than 30,000 audience members, including over 5,000 children. The two main performance homes include the beautifully restored Morris Performing Arts Center, located in the heart of downtown South Bend, and the modern DeBartolo Performing Arts Center, located on the University of Notre Dame campus. The orchestra’s highly qualified musician pool is drawn from a large multi-state area. The SBSO is Michiana’s premiere professional orchestra, with a mission to engage the community in the exploration of orchestral music in all its forms.
SOUTH BEND SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
Alastair Willis, Music Director
SOUTH BEND SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA ANNOUNCES
Please continue to check our website for orchestral vacancies
ORGANIZATION: South Bend Symphony Orchestra
TITLE: Director of Marketing
DATE: September 2019
The Director of Marketing is responsible for successful development and implementation of the SBSO’s marketing, branding, sales, and communications efforts. The position is responsible for achieving sales goals and raising visibility and awareness of the SBSO in support of all institutional goals. The preferred candidate has experience designing for various digital and print platforms and basic web content management skills. The Director of Marketing reports to the Executive Director.
Qualified applicants should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Duties and Responsibilities:
Marketing and Sales:
- In collaboration with CRStager, Marketing and Audience Development consultants, lead and manage all marketing and sales efforts including subscription renewal and new acquisition campaigns, single ticket sales, and group sales.
- Identify and implement strategies to increase concert attendance and maximize program profitability.
- Generate and analyze weekly sales reports, subscription campaign reports, and post-concert sales reports.
- Manage all aspects of advertising including direct mail, print, radio, and digital, coordinating with the consultants.
- Manage design and messaging of all print and electronic materials including Season Program Books, brochures, ads, direct mail pieces, postcards, indoor/outdoor signage, flyers, and email, maintaining highest quality and consistent messaging and branding. A number of these materials will be designed in-house the Director of Marketing.
- Manage social media platforms, including content, advertising, and messaging.
- Monitor all marketing efforts and provide ongoing analysis of trends, adjusting as necessary to meet goals.
Public Relations & Communications
- Work to establish and maintain positive contacts with local media outlets. Develop and distribute concert and event related Press Releases and follow-up with contacts to secure coverage.
Coordinate and/or participate in interview requests.
- Manage SBSO website to ensure all content is relevant, accurate, informative, interesting, and engaging.
- Develop innovative ways to build the SBSO brand, develop new audiences, and deepen patron engagement and loyalty.
Administrative & Other Duties
- Develop and manage annual marketing budget.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure ongoing communication and optimize potential opportunities.
- Work the SBSO concerts (approximately 20 weekend dates August – May)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- South Bend, IN (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance